However, when you decide to purchase a Web3 domain, it is usually because you are tired of the centralized rules and restrictions that stifle your creativity with a lot of 24/7 surveillance and numerous ways for a data breach. After all, you don't have control over your content or data.
Before delving deeper into Web3 domains, let's first explore where this technology is applicable. Web3 is the next generation of the Web, leveraging blockchain technology, open-source applications, and data and information decentralization.
Web3 intends to reclaim control of the Web from the monopolistic tech giants that currently govern it and to return data and content owners to its true owners, us, the users. Web3 also provides developers with an appropriate environment for researching technology without worrying about censorship and limitations limiting their creative aspects and generating easily.
But what's the role of Web3 domains here?
Let me walk you through 5 problems you must not ignore and start focusing on.
- Even if you host a website on Web2, along with your content, you do not own the website or the content you upload.
- It is cumbersome to build a new profile for each application using the same process.
- A different personality on each application is certainly not credible, which may result in false relationships.
- What if someone uses your name on an application to impersonate you, and you don't discover it until it's too late?
- Crypto exchanges can be frustrating as wallet addresses are hard to remember, necessitating a copy-and-paste system.
You're probably wondering where this is going. These issues are so widespread that we don't notice them until it's too late, and Web3 is here to help with a decentralized platform that aims to eradicate centralization. These are the key issues with the centralized Web.
This is where Web3 domains come into play, as these issues can be overcome by Web3 domains and their decentralized use case targeted toward Web3. Web3 domains are blockchain-based, NFT-oriented, decentralized domains, which means that ownership, content control, and management rights are all in the hands of the domain's owner, not the service provider.
Once minted, the user retains ownership of the Web3 domain name for life. It can be saved in the user's crypto wallet and exchanged, traded, and sold to another user in the same way that NFTs can be on NFT domain marketplaces like Quik.com.
Five problems, one solution: Web3 Domains
1. When you host a website with Web3 domains, you own, control, and even administer it without the involvement or restriction of a third party.
This also implies that once minted, you are not required to pay any renewal fees or even seek authorization to host any website-related process; you own it, so you control it.
2. It can be tedious to log in repeatedly every time you open a new application, but with Web3, your Web3 domain name serves as your primary identity.
This means that whenever you use a different decentralized application, you must connect your wallet, and everything will follow you.
3. Web3 is an open environment where one application's events affect your profile, whereas Web2 is a walled garden of many applications.
By combining all of your accomplishments on one profile that you own and manage, aside from your profile remarks, Web3 domains enable us to be safe and protected from doppelgangers and have secure environments.
4. Recently, Elon Musk blocked a user who was impersonating him. This incident replicates how users can abuse your name and how centralized servers can block an ID without giving prior notice, meaning that Web2 users are at a loss on both sides.
Users can create their own identities using Web3 domains. Once created, no one can use that identity or name again, tying you to your Web3 domain name and preventing centralized servers from controlling you.
Previously, if you were banned, you would lose all of your data, but not any longer because Web3 domains allow you to store all of your information in your wallet rather than the application's data, which ensures that your identity and your data are secure.
5. Exchanges for cryptocurrencies have always been hectic. Still, now that Web3 domains are accessible, users can use a human-readable Web3 domain name instead of a complicated crypto wallet address, eliminating the need to copy and paste.
Why delay now that you've learned about all the benefits of buying Web3 domains? Own what you are! Start your decentralized reign with the Web3 domain.